We are an established Independent Financial Advisers (Iceni Financial Advisers) based in Drayton in Norwich. We specialise in the management of pensions and investments, together with estate and tax planning, will writing and mortgages. We are professional, qualified and experienced.
We are looking for an experienced paraplanner to join our existing team, providing technical research services to our Financial Advisers, and ensuring the preparation of client advice is of the highest quality and delivered efficiently; while mitigating any risks to the business and assisting the business in achieving its goals. This is an office-based role.
Accurately prepare suitability reports and letters to target deadlines.
Ensure all client work is compliant and supported with relevant paperwork.
Undertake comparative research in preparation of client recommendations.
Complete technical research as part of the existing arrangement review process.
Understand client overall financial position from IFA fact finds.
Discuss client objectives with the relevant IFA, identifying and obtaining necessary client information to prepare the necessary suitability checks.
Ensure all client queries are appropriately investigated and accurate responses given.
Conduct annual reviews in line with Service Level Agreements (SLA’s)
• Reviewing client information – Analysing financial information from clients to understand their financial needs and goals.
• Researching financial products – Identifying financial products in the market (savings, investments, pensions, mortgages etc.) and matching them with client needs.
• Preparing suitability reports – Pulling together research and technical reports into a detailed suitability report for the Financial Adviser to review before it is forwarded to the client to suggest financial products for them.
• Implementing recommendations – Facilitating the smooth processing of all agreed client recommendations, including making applications for financial products.
• Data management – Preparing and maintaining detailed client records, while keeping to the company’s compliance and organisational standards.
• Preparing Annual Reviews – Preparing yearly reviews to show clients an overview of their financial situation and performance of investments.
• Compliance – Maintaining a detailed up-to-date knowledge of all aspects of financial planning and ensuring all documentation remains compliant with the relevant legislation.
• Client Relationship Management – Occasionally attending client meetings alongside the Financial Adviser, enhancing the client/business relationship.
Communication: Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
Customer Service: Ability to provide and maintain a positive, professional, friendly and helpful customer experience.
IT: Proficient and confident in using a variety of computer software programs.
Organisation: To have good organisational skills to manage a variety of cases and meet strict deadlines.
Financial Services Knowledge: Understanding of the broad financial services industry and products such as pensions and investments.
Legislation/Taxation Knowledge: An understanding of all key product and business areas including taxation regulation, legislation, and compliance.
Experienced paraplanner (desirable).
To have or working towards the following qualifications (desirable):
o Attained or working towards Level 4 Paraplanning diploma.
o Or, ‘A Level’ qualifications/Degree level qualification.
Experienced with client platform (Intelliflo) (desirable)
Strong understanding of financial products and services.
Strong analytical skills, specifically analysing financial records and providing detailed technical commentary.
Strong organisation skills with the ability to manage multiple caseloads at any one time.